- Eco-town status
- The Delivery Board
- Specialist Groups
- Standing Conference
- Eco-town vision and targets
- Watch the construction of the Exhibition House
- The revised masterplan
- Green network enhancement – consultation
- Website terms and conditions
- Bus and train
- Business travel
- Useful travel links
- Finding a route
- Town transport manager
- Contact us
Walking around Whitehill & Bordon couldn’t be easier and all it takes to start getting the benefits is to swap one local car journey for walking. Why not walk the children to school, walk to work, walk to get the paper, or join a regular group for a leisurely stroll?
Benefits of walking (there are loads of benefits to walking so the following gives you just a taste of the brilliant reasons to get walking)
- It’s free!!
- It’s fun – take a friend along to chat to – catch up and unwind
- It can save you money – if you swap a car journey for a walking trip you save on petrol
- It makes you happy – walking elevates your mood and helps relieve stress
- It keeps you healthy – walking an extra 20 minutes each day will burn off seven pounds of body fat per year and walking can reduce the risk of cancer, can lower blood pressure and reduce high cholesterol.
- It helps the environment – walking 1½ miles a day instead of driving saves around 130kg of carbon dioxide emissions a year. 1½ miles is equal to about 30 minutes walking – this is the recommended amount of exercise that we should take every day
These pages will be updated so come back to see what’s been added in the coming months.